Learn More About Book Adventure!
Did you know that by the fourth grade less than 33% of children in the United States are reading at or above grade level?* This staggering statistic inspired the experts at Sylvan Learning
to create a free, online resource to encourage young people to read more. With the help of our sponsors
, Book Adventure was launched in April 1999. In its first year alone, more than 446,000 parents, teachers and children registered with Book Adventure and more than 1,900,000 quizzes were completed!
Tour The Site | See Our Sponsors | View Educational Organizations
Why Book Adventure?
Leading literacy experts agree that it’s not enough to teach kids to read; they must choose to read independently if they are to become engaged, lifelong readers. Students also demand the integration of technology into today’s learning process. Using Book Adventure, readers in grades K-8 not only receive the satisfaction of reading a book from cover to cover, they also earn rewards for taking online quizzes to demonstrate their comprehension of the books they've read. This motivational approach to learning is proven to help build a love of reading that lasts a lifetime!
How Book Adventure Works
- Explore the site: www.bookadventure.com
- Create an account with user name and password: Register to sign up – select Student, Teacher, Parent
- Children search for books to read in the Book Finder
- They read books then go back online to take quizzes
- Once they successfully pass quizzes they earn points toward prizes, motivating them to read more
- Repeat steps 3 - 5
- Parents and teachers can track a student's progress via Reports
Get started today - Register now!