Designed to support parents and home educators with the management, assessment, and motivation of independent reading.
*Book Adventure does not provide printed books, eBooks or digital editions. The program is used in conjunction with a student’s independent reading material.
What is Book Adventure?
Book Adventure offers a LOT!
Book Adventure is an interactive reading assessment, management, and rewards program. Book Adventure is much more than just our 17,000+ book quizzes! Since not all students learn the same, Book Adventure strives to be inclusive of the different student learning styles and offers a variety of alternative assessment options for those students who might not be great test-takers. Book Adventure is a fun effective online program that encourages, assesses, and rewards independent reading!
- Over 17,000 multiple-choice book quizzes
▪ Similar to Accelerated Reader® format
▪ Customize settings: passing grade, retries and specific day
▪ Text-to-Speech quiz assistance
- Create Custom Book Lists: themed, grade-specific, summer
- Student avatars and personalized bookshelves
- Built-in rewards: virtual pets, coins, and game page
- Certified Lexile Partner
- Robust interactive book search
- Writing lessons: students write about the books they read
- Over 150,000 book-specific word lists
- Both vocabulary & spelling interactive lessons
- Five new spelling gamified learning modules
- A suite of book graphic organizers for both fiction and nonfiction
- Robust reporting: search, sort, download, print
- Interactive daily reading log
Book Adventure’s gamified approach focuses on sustained engagement. Our game page features a best-in-class suite of logic, strategy, sports and adventure games where the high scorer’s personal avatar is showcased ratcheting up the competitiveness and capturing the learner’s interest in a fun, familiar environment.
*Our game page is completely customizable allowing educators the option of turning On/Off individual games or disabling the entire suite of games. There is also a Weekends Only setting.
Student activity in Book Adventure is reported through real-time activity feeds in your Reports page. See what lessons your students are working on, what they have completed, and the books they are reading. Our Reports page translates thousands of data points and turns those actions into information and insights that are instantly available, actionable, and easy to interpret.
Get started in 3 easy steps.
Book Adventure is easy to set up & maintain!
- Individual student accounts
- 24/7 cross platform access
- Intuitive interface
- Set student reading goals
Power of Customization
- Quiz setting options
- Turn learning modules on/off
- Parents can credit/reward students for:
- Game Page – On, Off, Weekend Only
- Student results
- Reports highlight failing grades
- Print and share reports
- Searchable database
- Message class or individual